Thursday, May 31, 2012

PSA - and admission of error......

Soooooooooooooo, I was taught a very long time ago that you type two spaces after a period. Since then, that is how I have always done it.  Chris has always done one.  It drives me crazy. He has me proofread his school papers all the time and I would always correct the spacing after the period. He is smart - like, very smart. He has also had great education and is a great writer, so it always perplexed me that he didn't know this.  Yesterday I saw this:

Why you should never, ever use two spaces after a period.


I am willing to admit when I was wrong - and I was. Well, since we don't use typerwritters anymore. I KNOW I'm not alone in this! 

Here is my public apology to Chris!!!  Sorry Love!!!
(He didn't ask for one, but I feel it is appropriate). 

While typing this I have tried to do ONE space after each period. I know I haven't done it with each one. I'm trying though.  Old habits die hard.

Are you a single spacer or a double?


2 comments:

  1. I was taught 2 spaces in school. I have been using 1 space lately because of the 140 character rule on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was a rule: two spaces after a period. I have to look at your link, but I know for a fact that's the way we always were taught.

    ReplyDelete