Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fourth of July

Chris was on call on the 4th of July, so we stuck around town.  I had seen mention of a parade, so we headed Downtown to check it out!  It was a hot, sunny, boiling day.


I didn't even notice Little Lady's expression 'till I was looking through the pictures later.  She is hilarious.  She is trying to do a double thumbs up.


The mayor of Boise, David H. Bieter.


Saying thanks to some Vets.


An assortment of old jeeps.  Little Lady LOVES Jeeps!  Her Papa is raising her right.


The parade had a Bill of Rights focus, with banners throughout.


Lots of neat, old cars with equally neat horns!


Scooter gang?


More Banners.


Happy Fourth of July!  Let's celebrate by handing out free wristbands made in Taiwan!


After the parade we grabbed brunch at Moon's Cafe Downtown.  Chris went there while he was out here doing interviews before the move and we've been several times since the move.  A nice, young, eclectic atmosphere with friendly service and decent enough food.

We then headed home and I cut the grass while Chris finished up his application to Georgetown.  The next door neighbor invited us to view fireworks they were setting off later and I invited them over to come play in the backyard with Little Lady and a new slip and slide type thing I got her.  The youngest (also 2) came over and they got some kiddo play time in.  After they left I threw my suit on and played in the sprinkler/slide with Little Lady and just had fun!  Really need to do that more often - hopefully my body will cooperate better next summer ;-)  We weren't sure if Little Lady would make it for fireworks (they didn't start 'till after 10pm since the sun sets so late) so I found the DC fireworks program on tv and let her watch that.  "America" has been one of her new fave words and she was very excited to hear it over and over.  She actually really loved all the singing and kept asking to see it again for several days.  She was still awake come 10pm (surprise, surprise with this little energizer bunny) so we went over to the trail to see if we could see anything from there.  We had originally planned on maybe hiking up by Table Rock a bit to watch, but decided she is just too young for us to try that so late at night.

 

Looking towards Downtown from the Oregon Trail - about 10:15 at night.


There they are!  We were able to see some of the firework displays.  People in the valley were also setting off some impressive home displays - launching up some serious stuff, so we got to see those too.  Plenty for us all to enjoy!


Raccoon sighting on the way back home!  They still creep me out - their hands are way too human like.....


We headed back and watched the neighbors display.  I sat a bit further back than everyone else.....


Someone else was also launching big stuff.


Pretty nice display!


Kids and fireworks - my favorite combination! 


So, we had a nice, laid back, enjoyable day!  I don't think we all got tucked in 'till just after midnight.  Chris had to work the next day, so he was a bit tired, and Little Lady slept in a bit, although it still took her a couple days to really catch up.  Certainly different, not going to see the official display, but it really worked out - we didn't need to with everything around us!  The holiday is a bit more mellow once you've got little ones!


I've got videos and more pictures of the day - but to be honest, I don't feel like tracking down the camera and loading from different phones.  I'm behind enough on posts as it is.  Maybe, someday, when I'm overflowing with free time, I'll post all those types of things that don't make it into these posts.  Yeah......I'm sure that is exactly what I will want to do with my free time......



 

No comments:

Post a Comment