Friday, November 8, 2013

Ninja Baby turns One

 
This was 9/21/2012.
 
Okay, maybe it was actually the next day, but you get what I'm getting at.
 
One year later we've got this awesome Little Man.
 
 
Yes, he has blond hair.  Yup, still really blond, not getting darker.  Who would have guessed?
I am going with green for his eye color.  Greenish.  Green/Hazel?  Not brown.  Still in the green family, but not my kind of green (which is usually mistaken for blue).
 
He is also known as our little Ninja Baby.
 
Why, you ask? 
 
 
Well, it's been a long time in the making.
 

The signs started pretty early.
 
 
He is very adventurous.

 
He is not easily discouraged.
 

 
Oh, just a normal little boy, you say.
What makes him a Ninja?
The silence.  He does all of these things in complete silence.
That is when you have to worry and scramble.
You suddenly realize you can hear your own thoughts and it seems almost as if you're alone.
That is when you know Ninja Baby is at work.
 
 
How did he get over that gate?  He couldn't climb on the couch yet.  He was just in there, sweeping.
 
 
He is certainly a problem solver.
 
 
Working on his contortionist skills.
 
 
The look of - I just figured out how to climb up on the chair!  I now have to put our chairs away when we aren't sitting on them, otherwise I'll go in to find him standing on the table.  Thankfully we have folding chairs.
 
 
He does have rather good balance.
 
 
*Sigh*
My Ninja Baby keeps me on my toes and keeps the baby proofing industry well supported.
 
Back to his birthday!
 
To celebrate we had little party here.

 
I made a cake.  Yes, it was paleo.

 
The weather ended up being great for a little outside playing.

 
He did have a scratched up nose from an incident a couple days earlier.  Adds some character to his Birthday pictures!

 
We enjoyed some yummy food.

 
This party animal jumped into the little pool, shoes and all.
 
Then it was time for cake!

 
Everyone sang and then we blew out the candle.

 
Papa handed him a fork, which of course took away some of the fun of it.
Oh well.
 
He honestly wasn't that into it.  He isn't big on sweets, which is fine.
He was more interested in sharing it.

 
One for you, one for me.
 
 
Gotta go - I sense an eerie silence developing....

 

 

 

4 comments: