Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"The Wibber"

I meant to do a post about "The Wibber" last year, but never seemed to have gotten around to it.  Of course, since it is almost an entire year later - Little Lady now pronounces it as "The River".  The River is none other than the Boise River.  It runs right through Boise and we live pretty darned close to it now.  We checked it out several times last summer and it became a favorite spot.  Floating the river is a VERY popular summer activity in Boise.  You start at Barber park, they rent floats and everything.  Then you get out down river and there are buses to take you back to the park.  Pretty sweet set up, especially when it is over 100 degrees.  We haven't floated yet, figured the kids were too young.  Might be willing to try this year, although Papa honestly probably doesn't have time to do that yet and I can't do it with the kids by myself.

Since the weather has warmed up we've started visiting it again. 
 I can put the kids into our bike trailer/jogger combo and go for a little jog there, no problem.

Last year

We would even just stop by while driving home from somewhere so she could dip her toes in the cooooold water.  


We discovered a nice little beach area off a path while walking with some friends.


It was somewhat protected so the kids could walk in the water a bit.  Otherwise the current is way too strong for them to get into it.


The water is clear.  Nice mountain snow melt.



You can easily see some neat wildlife along the river trails.


Lots of these guys.


It's a nice place to lay in the shade on a hot summer day.


Cool your toes and hydrate (pack in your own water).


 This bike trailer that Santa got us our first Christmas here has actually gotten more use as a jogging stroller than a trailer.  The kids don't seem to mind.


We even got to spend a couple hours there as a family last year.


Of course, this little man charged right in.  He would take it for a minute but then start crying because it was cooooooold.


I even got a chance to relax a little bit because Papa was with us.......and this guy wasn't walking yet.
 

We even scheduled a play date there - playing in the water after a "nature walk" there.


I'm going to have to get a picture of these little ladies there this year too - they've all grown so much!


This little guy took right to it - trying to crawl right in whenever we went.  Honestly though - seeing how he is now, I should have know.

This Year


I've gotta have quick hands (and feet) with this one.


Is it just me or is he turning into a little BOY?  That baby phase really does go by quickly.

I've got some more photos from this year, but they are on Papa's phone and.......well.......I have no clue when I'll get them, so I'll just post without.  I'm betting there will be lots more to share in the next couple months.



2 comments:

  1. What a cryptic comment: " I'm betting there will be lots more to share in the next couple months." Hmmmmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh - I was meaning more pictures of the River to share! I don't know if I could handle "lots more to share" of anything else right now! Done in December....Done in December....

      Delete