Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday Fun - Idaho style.

Chris also turned 34 (???) shortly after our move.  He had the day off  but still had a bunch of schoolwork to take care of.  That was fine because I had arranged for the two of us to celebrate the next day.


I made him a delicious breakfast.  Spinach and egg omelet, sweet potato hash, avocado slices and candy bacon.  Mmmmm.
 
 
Little Lady happily gave him his birthday present - a honey pot.  He uses honey in his coffee every morning (paleo) so I thought this would be appreciated.
 
 
That evening we walked to Boise Fry Company for dinner.  They've got bison burgers (offered bunless or with a gluten free bun as well) and sweet potato fries and a delish brussels sprouts side.  If you visit us here I'll treat you to it.  You'll like it.  Us adults also enjoyed a hard cider.  Totally paleo.
 
 
The next day I had arranged for a baby sitter again so we could do something he has been asking me to do for what seems like forever. So, we headed out to the desert to go shooting. Hey - we're in Idaho now. Yes, you can just drive out to the desert and shoot (as long as it isn't private land).
 
 
Yes, that is a shell casing flying through the air.
 
 
He was VERY happy about this present.  He set up several different targets at different distances and tried out an, um, assortment.  We just brought boxes and tape - goodness knows we had plenty on hand from the move!  People take various things out there to shoot up - not cool.  It is very upsetting how much trash is sitting in some areas.  Oh, you're done with that toilet so now you want to take it to the dessert and shoot it up to see what happens?  Okay - now get on your hands and knees and pick up the pieces.  People leaving that kind of stuff is what leads to everyone loosing the opportunity to do this stuff.  Rant over.
 
 
It was good that we went.  I believe that if it is in the house then I need to know how it works and feels.  We should probably do it more often, although I think I've used up our babysitter budget for a little while.
 
 
 
 
That is a happy man.
 
On the way out we also passed some special ops looking people that had a windsock set up and everything.  I was totally thinking militia.  On the way out I noticed they had government tags on their trucks.  We also passed lots of cows.  All the cows free range out there.  Seriously, we were driving past cows and they were walking by us as we were practicing.  Dude, Idaho.
 
So, after about four reminders from me that we had to get back to relieve the babysitter, he finally packed up and I returned to my Mama duties - with the mark of the butt of a gun on my shoulder.

 
Good times.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment