Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sew much fun!

I think I can officially say I have a hobby now.  Almost a year ago, a friend from highschool posted on facebook that she had upgraded her sewing machine and was selling her old one.  I jumped on it, with the bonus of a free lesson from her on how to use it!  Erin gave me a clear, concise, beginners lesson that jumpstarted me into something I had wanted to try for a while!  Thank you Erin!  I started in March of last year.  Here are some of my projects since then.
 
 
This was my first sewing project.  It is a wet bag (for cloth diapers or really any wet clothing).  It was a very ambitious first project, with the zipper and everything.  Lots of lessons learned.  The zipper does not move very smoothly.
 
 
This was my second project, my diaper bag.  I had the fabric and everything for almost two years before I actually made it.  Once Erin showed me how to use the machine, I attacked it!  Zippered pocket, magnetic clasp, several pockets and a liner!
 
 
Just between you and me, I totally screwed up the handles on this bag.  Wasn't paying enough attention when I put it together....
 
 
That looks better!  I am a remnant bin shopper.  This bag is perfect for using scraps.

 
I made an owl pillow for Little Lady for her transition to a big girl bed.  Lots of different textures.

 
 
I made a replica of my diaper bag, different patterned fabric, and just sent it off to my cousin who is expecting her first son!

 
This bag is so easy, I keep making it.  I'm playing around with it and adding a liner now.

 
I made little lady a pair of pajama pants for Christmas.  The remnant bin is GREAT during the holidays!

 
I made stockings for the kids.  They have beautful red liners too.  Again, awesome finds in the remnant bins.  These cost less than $5 total in the end!

 
I made a cloth cube for Little Man for one of his Christmas presents.

 
I made a fabric turtle for a friend of ours.  He has a fun striped belly!

 
This was Little Man's other present.  Cloth rings to hold onto and gnaw!
 
It is something that keeps me challenged and producing something and I like to share this stuff with others.  I've also decided to start another blog with crafts, kids activities and household ideas.  I'm still putting it together, but it is craftymamak.blogspot.com.  Take a look and consider following it.  I have lots of projects to add already.  It should be a good site for Mom's with kids at home or anyone that likes homemaking. I might venture into some homesteading as well.  I'll let you know when it is ready and I'd love if you would share it or specific posts that look fun.
 
Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I remember when you first started out and sent out desperate facebook pleas for help! What a long way you've come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is so much I want to learn. Alas, time is precious and the babes need my attention. Someday maybe I can take a class to learn more! For now, youtube shall suffice.

      Delete