Thursday, December 20, 2012

In this corner...


In this corner we have Colette Marie at 31 months old, weighing in at 31lbs (70%) and standing 37 inches tall (70%)!










In this corner we have Canyon Michael at 10 weeks old, weighing in at 14lbs 3oz ( 87%) and "standing" 23.75 inches tall (65%)!

 
 
 
Both kids are healthy and doing well!  Okay - this was actually almost a full month ago, I've been busy.  The kiddos had their 30 month (2.5 years) and 2 month check ups together.  Little Lady is doing great, she speaks super long sentences (she'll do 7-8 word sentences regularly) and she is fully potty trained.  She is really into coloring lately.  Some of you may notice a personal touch on your wrapping/cards this year.  She also likes to paint.  She can sing the alphabet, but I'm going to start working on letter recognition with her and, if she is interested, we might start working on reading.  Mary Pat gave us the "Hooked on Phonics" set the other year, so I'm going to break that out.  Little Man is also doing great.  He has "fattened" up!  He seemed so tiny when he was born (I know, he wasn't, but it is all relative.  When you've held a 10 pound newborn in your arms, holding a 9 pounder seems tiny) and I was wondering what happened to the arm and leg rolls Colette so prominently displayed.  He finally has those arm rolls!  He also smiles, and smiles, and smiles.  It is only a matter of time before he lets out a belly laugh - he starts to laugh, but hasn't carried it through yet.



 
I took out the highchair and put it together to see how he is fitting in it.


 
He seems to like it just fine.  He sits in it at the table with us while we have dinner.  We've also noticed he starts to drooooooooooooool while watching us eat.
 
 
I put him in his little activity chair to see how he is fitting in THAT.  It is still a bit big - I stuffed a blanket around him and a pillow under his feet, but he was interested in it for about 5 minutes.
 
 
He is actively working on rolling over.  He is sooooooooooooooooo close!  I had forgotten about how your heart skips a beat in excitement for them as they almost do it!

 
He also likes to "sit up" now, enjoying the different view.
 
 
Big sister likes to sit with him.  He will be 13 weeks old tomorrow.
 
 
Papa is making the most of his time off from class.  Colette is also proving to be quite the hostess.  She likes to serve you a meal and keeps running to her kitchen to get you more things and won't sit down to eat, instead getting you more things and checking to make sure you like what she is serving you.

 
He's got his arms full with the two of them!  Happily so.
 
 
 
I hosted another playdate this week for the kids from church.  It is really a great thing for Colette and I enjoy seeing them have fun.
 
 
We made felt ornaments.


 
The kids also made sugar cookies.  They cut them out, had a snack while they baked, and then decorated them.  Aaaaaaaaaaaand then ate them.  Or at least licked the frosting off, depending on how permissive their mothers were.  It really wasn't too crazy considering there were six two year olds and three infants.  Chris happened to be off that day, so after the playdate and a quick cleaning, I headed out to redeem my "new mommy massage" from St. Al's.  Since I gave birth on a weekend, I didn't get it while I was in the hospital.  It was my first real trip out of the house without the kids since Canyon was born.  It was a nice treat, especially since I can feel my back still shifting back into place from pregnancy.  So relaxing.  I totally could have taken a ten hour nap afterwards.
 
 
Hope you're finding time to relax this holiday season.
Merry Christmas!


 


 


 


 


 


 


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Canyon has 'evil genius contemplating plans for world domination' hands. Cute as a button. You are one busy, thoughtful mom!

    ReplyDelete